123The second of a double today, not too many things too hard to explain...
an awesome single by The Cudgels, an Aussie band from the 60's ( The Throb )...
Gone To China were from Brisbane, on the Bent label, Soggy Porridge from Sydney, as were The Fishermen ( featuring Jeremy Oxley post Sunnyboys Mk I )
everything and everyone else I think is easy to figure or we've mentioned em before...
see you real soon for the big Aussie post punk extravangza that's coming up
also stay on top of what I get up to on From Another Side for related tracks to this post and other stuff !! I'm a bit of sync with production on posts here and over there but it all eventually happens :)
Another thing that is coming up on From Another Side is a back track to the 'early' Sideroom 7" posts...starting with Posts # 1 - #5 - featuring associated 12's, b-sides etc from the songs on those posts ( have look at the archive posts for this blog if you're unsure what artists will be included ).
Eventually I'll make my through the early posts in blocks of 5 or 10 ( given I should have been doing this concept from the start I have to play a bit of catch up ).
That and other stuff up "soon"....
#123 - via Box
Sideroom Singles Podcast #123
1. Joybang ! - The Cudgels ( Sunday Records 1991 )
2. The Fortune Teller - The Throb ( Parlophone Aust 1966 )
3. Use Imagination - Who The Hell Does Jane Smith Think She Is ( Influx 1987 )
4. Goes So Slow - Even As We Speak ( Phantom Records Aust 1989 )
5. In Dreams - Gone To China ( Bent Records Aust 1987 )
6. How Can I Tell You - Soggy Porridge ( no label Aust 1982 )
7. Can't You Stop - The Fishermen ( Waterfront Records Aust 1986 )
8. Climatization - Catchcry ( Correct Aust 1985 )
9. Ship's Cat ( No One's Coming Back ) - The Tripps ( Strand Records Aust 1987 )
10. The Black And The Blue - The Bats ( Flying Nun Aust 1991 )
( duration 34.27, vbr lame mp3 )
122First in our double today and I've decided to do a few "multiple posts" for a while otherwise I'll be here until I'm 70 at the slow rate I am going
Lots of flexis in this bunch but something about their technical quality adds to the experience
and mostly they're from split singles - Esmerelda's Kite w/ The Williams, Jesse Garon w/The Fizzbombs, The Sunflowers with St James Infirmary and The Dagoes with 3 other Adelaide bands ( w / The Screaming Believers, The Pins and Chequers )
check out From Another Side for the other tracks from these flexis as well as other associated delights !
but for now -
#122 - via Box
Sideroom Singles Podcast #122
1. In A Whirl - Esmerelda's Kite ( Sunshine Flexi 1988 )
2. Kathleen's Tantrum - The Odolites ( Rampant Releases Aust 1987 )
3. Touch Me ( Heaven ) - The Climb ( Pinnacle Records 1982 )
4. Hank Williams Is Dead - Jesse Garon & The Desperadoes ( Wild Rumpus Flexi 1987 )
5. Bubble Bus - Sunflowers ( Woosh Flexi 1989 )
6. Mary, Mary - The Monkees ( RCA 196? )
7. Slipping Through Your Fingertips - The Saturday People ( Slumberland 2000 )
8. I Do It For Mama - The Dagoes ( Greasy Pop Aust Flexi 1982 )
9. Luke Warm Weather - The Silly Pillows ( Little Teddy 1995 )
10. Glad - The Prudes ( Imaginary Records 1990 )
( duration 28.23, vbr lame mp3 )