The first of two all Aussie mixes up today, first up The Eyes and the second single from their Tube Vision LP ( after City Livin' ), Sydney band Vixen, 3 tracks on the Polygram ( local ) label "Result Records" - Colin Stead ( ex Buffalo /Sweet Wine /Lloyd's World ) and his only solo single, and songs from the debut releases from The Eighty Eights ( their "Live Pop" 4 track ep - as the side says a series of live recordings ) and The Jukes from the split "Top Of The Class" Ep with The Motivaters.
Also Ward 13 and the first single from their "Flash As A Rat" LP, the Aliens debut 7 ( also on their 'Translator" LP ) , Ves 8 from their "Vesania" LP and The Little Heroes, again a first single from their debut "Little Heroes" album, though actually their 2nd single ( after the indie version of She Says ) on the Giant Recording Company label, which was setup by Peter Dawkins ( as far as I can remember Matt Finish the only other artist on the label ). Finishing off with Adelaide's July 14th on Greasy Pop ( more of that label ) on # 107, which is also published today...
#106 - at Box
Sideroom Singles Podcast #106
1. Black And White - The Eyes ( ATA Recs Aust 1981 )
2. In Love Again - Vixen ( Alternative Recs Aust 1981 )
3. Wheels Of Love - Colin Stead ( Result Recs Aust 1980 )
4. See Venice And Die - Ward 13 ( AMI Aust 1981 )
5. For A Bleeding Heart - Little Heroes ( Giant Recs Aust 1981 )
6. Everybody Wants You Tonight - The Eighty Eights ( Result Recs Aust 1980 )
7. Thought I'd Let You Know - The Jukes ( Result Recs Aust 1980 )
8. Confrontation - The Aliens ( Mushroom Recs Aust 1979 )
9. Ritz Rock - Ves 8 ( 7 Recs Aust 1981 )
10. Me & My Gun - July 14th ( Greasy Pop Aust 1984 )
( duration 34.26, vbr lame mp3 )
Tracklist as PDF, all podcasts #1 - ( current ) #107