I have to confess to being a little hazy on the details for Non Stop Dancers ( other than I do remember one other later single at least which was on EMI from memory ). Then it's some more Hunnas from Human Frailty - they will also be over on From Another Side, with not one but two different 12" mixes of Say Goodbye.
Carnival Oof Lost Souls were from Sydney, again a hazy patch in the memory banks for these guys, but I reckon I'll go with my gut feeling which is telling me they had about 3 singles and in the end were very dancey....if I'm not mistaken. If I am mistaken well I am a goose, but that's nuthin' new.
Then we have the 2nd single from The Expression's self titled debut album. Something about this band always reminds me of Gavin Wood on Countdown and I can still hear him bellowing out the intro to this and WIth Closed Eyes. Don't get me wrong I love Gavin and recently read this great interview with him. ( Although I only wish they'd asked him about his acting appearance in "Houseboat Horror" ).
Our journey today here ends with The Someloves and their 3rd single.
But the journey does continue - as I keep plugging - more of these artists and related stuff over on the accompanying "From Another Side" blog.
#118 - via Box
Sideroom Singles Podcast #118
1. No. 3 - The Reels ( Mercury Aust 1981 )
2. Wasted Life - Tall Tales And True ( Survival ( Custom ) Aust 1986 )
3. 100 Drugs - Little Murders ( Polyester Recs Aust 1984? or 85? )
4. Orwell Street - Howard I Know ( Red Eye Recs Aust 1985 )
5. Go Or Stay - Flaming Hands ( Phantom Recs Aust 1981 )
6. Only One - Non Stop Dancers ( no label Aust 1983 ? )
7. Say Goodbye - Hunters & Collectors ( White Label Recs Aust 1985 )
8. The Weight - Carnival Of Lost Souls ( Rumble Records Aust 1985 )
9. Total Eclipse - The Expression ( Mushroom Recs Aust 1983 )
10. Melt - The Someloves ( White Label Recs Aust 1989 )
( duration 38.20, vbr lame mp3 )
Tracklist as PDF, all podcasts #1 - ( current ) #118