123The second of a double today, not too many things too hard to explain...
an awesome single by ( The ) Cudgels, an Aussie band from the 60's ( The Throb )...
Gone To China were from Brisbane, on the Bent label, Soggy Porridge from Sydney, as were The Fishermen ( featuring Jeremy Oxley post Sunnyboys Mk I )
everything and everyone else I think is easy to figure or we've mentioned em before...
see you real soon for the big Aussie post punk extravangza that's coming up
also please remember to stay on top of whatever it is I get up to on From Another Side for related tracks to this post and other stuff !!
From Another Side #6 deals with the stuff on this double post and is up and ready to go.
Another thing that is coming up on From Another Side is a back track to the 'early' Sideroom 7" posts...starting with Posts # 1 - #5 - featuring associated 12's, b-sides etc from the songs on those posts ( have look at the archive posts for this blog if you're unsure what artists will be included ).
Eventually I'll make my through the early posts in blocks of 5 or 10 ( given I should have been doing this concept from the start I have to play a bit of catch up ).
That and other stuff up "soon"....
#123 - via Box
Sideroom Singles Podcast #123
1. Joybang ! - The Cudgels ( Sunday Records 1991 )
2. The Fortune Teller - The Throb ( Parlophone Aust 1966 )
3. Use Imagination - Who The Hell Does Jane Smith Think She Is ( Influx 1987 )
4. Goes So Slow - Even As We Speak ( Phantom Records Aust 1989 )
5. In Dreams - Gone To China ( Bent Records Aust 1987 )
6. How Can I Tell You - Soggy Porridge ( no label Aust 1982 )
7. Can't You Stop - The Fishermen ( Waterfront Records Aust 1986 )
8. Climatization - Catchcry ( Correct Aust 1985 )
9. Ship's Cat ( No One's Coming Back ) - The Tripps ( Strand Records Aust 1987 )
10. The Black And The Blue - The Bats ( Flying Nun Aust 1991 )
( duration 34.27, vbr lame mp3 )
122First in our double today and I've decided to do a few "multiple posts" for a while otherwise I'll be here until I'm 70 at the slow rate I am going
Lots of flexis in this bunch but something about their technical quality adds to the experience
and mostly they're from split singles - Esmerelda's Kite w/ The Williams, Jesse Garon w/The Fizzbombs, The Sunflowers with St James Infirmary and The Dagoes with 3 other Adelaide bands ( w / The Screaming Believers, The Pins and Chequers )
check out From Another Side for the other tracks from these flexis as well as other associated delights !
but for now -
#122 - via Box
Sideroom Singles Podcast #122
1. In A Whirl - Esmerelda's Kite ( Sunshine Flexi 1988 )
2. Kathleen's Tantrum - The Odolites ( Rampant Releases Aust 1987 )
3. Touch Me ( Heaven ) - The Climb ( Pinnacle Records 1982 )
4. Hank Williams Is Dead - Jesse Garon & The Desperadoes ( Wild Rumpus Flexi 1987 )
5. Bubble Bus - Sunflowers ( Woosh Flexi 1989 )
6. Mary, Mary - The Monkees ( RCA 196? )
7. Slipping Through Your Fingertips - The Saturday People ( Slumberland 2000 )
8. I Do It For Mama - The Dagoes ( Greasy Pop Aust Flexi 1982 )
9. Luke Warm Weather - The Silly Pillows ( Little Teddy 1995 )
10. Glad - The Prudes ( Imaginary Records 1990 )
( duration 28.23, vbr lame mp3 )