The Wickermen from Brisbane on the Bent Records label, Cocky Laura from Sydney, and we also have a band called The End, where exactly they hailed from I'm not sure - though can narrow it down to possibly Sydney based on the fact they recorded at the Honeyfarm Studios ( with Rick Turk of course ) - and these guys are a totally different band called The End to the one from Brisbane one featuring Brett Myers.
Then we have Cold Blue Hunger from Melbourne, early 80's inner city Sydney mod faves The Sets ( their single being mixed "binaurally" - as opposed to straight stereo - the resulting mix being a bit weird ) - and all the others also from Sydney - though the Spys did start out in Newcastle of course.
#144 - via Box
Sideroom Singles Podcast #144
1. It Happens - The Wickermen ( Bent Records Aust 1987 )
2. Cowboys & Indians - Cocky Laura ( no label Aust 1981 )
3. By Now - The End ( Coin Language Records Aust 1980 )
4. Waste Of Time - Cold Blue Hunger ( Communique Aust 1986 )
5. Love Ain't What It Used To Be - The Sets ( no label ( EMI Custom ) Aust 1981 )
6. Five O'Clock Fever - Social Comment ( Listen Music Aust 1980 )
7. One Of A Kind - v Spy v Spy ( Powderworks Aust 1984 )
8. News For You - Ward 13 ( EMI Aust 1981 )
9. Changing Times - Blah Blah Blah ( no label Aust 1988 ? )
10. Call My Name - Soggy Porridge ( Method Records Aust 1986 )
( duration 33.04, vbr lame mp3 )