Then an Artery single with 2 different versions on each side, I have chosen the b-side, seems like it must be from a Peel Session as it's co-produced by band & the BBC Tony Wilson ( not the Factory TW ). Staying in a northerly way after that with Vice Versa, their 2nd single - post Martin Fry joining, and then It's Immaterial and the latter ( 1984 ) redux version of "Gigantic Raft".
Up In Scotland we have Josef K's final single for Postcard ( "Pictures" being the other side of "Chance Meeting" ) and Mike Hedges trying to reign in some Associates mayhem, after which we have some ( inner city ) Scrits, from their 3rd ( during the "collective era" ) ep and lastly we scoot back up to Manchester for The Poors Of Reign's debut record.
#148 - via Box
Sideroom Singles Podcast #148
1. Dead Pop Stars - Altered Images ( Epic 1981 )
2. Pulp Baby - The Systematics ( Doublethink Aust 1979 )
3. The Clown ( Tony Wilson ( BBC ) version ) - Artery ( Red Flame 1982 )
4. Stilyagi - Vice Versa ( Backstreet/Backlash Records 1980 )
5. Playground Twist - Siouxsie & The Banshees ( Polydor 1979 )
6. A Gigantic Raft ( In The Philippines ) - It's Immaterial ( Eternal 1984 )
7. Pictures - Josef K ( Postcard Records 1981 )
8. Club Country - The Associates ( Beggars Banquet 1982 )
9. Messthetics - Scritti Politti ( St Pancras Records 1979 )
10. Cherish - The Poors Of Reign ( Lo-Type Records 1986 )
( duration 34.03, vbr lame mp3 )